Let us say that it’s not that old email providing service, but we do know that this is an extremely popular email service provider until now. If you can’t get the IMAP Comcast.net name then Xfinity might ring some bells, these both are the same things. Comcast has remarkably advanced features and an all-new generation UI in its platform. It is very popular amongst the youth because it provides all the necessary features for them. Now let us talk about all the advantages and features. Well first thing first, it is the most used email service in the US just like ‘Gmail and Yahoo!’. But what makes it different from others is its uniqueness and huge user base. IMAP Comcast.net or let us say Xfinity is available for almost every known device in this world.
However, this is just a software, not that complicated but still many people face many difficulties while using it. So, that is why we are here to help you get through your toughest problems and solve them quickly. Here, in this article, we are going to discuss the problems regarding Xfinity and how to fix them.
What does IMAP Comcast.net not responding mean?
Before going into the further process, we should know what does it mean. Well, we can’t just say that “IMAP Comcast.com not responding” is not a big issue. It surely require focus and some knowledge to fix it and we can say it is a big issue if your device is showing you this error. So, now let us proceed further with the troubleshooting process to fix this issue from the root. And follow all the steps accordingly so that in the future you don’t ever face this issue again. But first, you should know what is wrong with your service or phone.
Well, we are discussing the major issues you will face while using this application, and remember to consider them as the symptoms of the Comcast Email Not Working problem:
- You will no longer be able to send or receive Comcast emails
- While connecting to any friend or family, it will not respond to them
- It will show some errors like ‘the mail server IMAP Comcast net is not responding’ every time you try to open it on iPhone
- Sometimes, Xfinity settings and the POP settings don’t work properly
- You will no longer be able to see or send attachments.
These are some of the biggest concerns you might face, so if you face any one of these problems enlisted then please read on to the next section to fix the issue.
Troubleshooting imap.comcast.net not responding to iPhone
- Check if your Xfinity server is down or not
- Check your Internet Connectivity
- Reinstall the Comcast app from iPhone
- Clear storage and update iOS
Check if the Xfinity Comcast server is down: This should be the first step to troubleshoot the problem, as there are many cases recorded that service was not working because there was a glitch from the backend team. To confirm the issue just go to the official website of Xfinity and if it is showing ‘500-error’ then surely either it is under maintenance or the server is down.
- We have to consider the possibility that if the issue is from the backend then just wait and let them fix this issue
- Secondly, if you think that the backend team is taking a bit longer then you can also contact the local administrator for the same.
Check your Internet Connectivity: There might be a possibility that there is no issue from the backend team. Well in that case just check your network coverage whether it is working fine or not. If it is not working fine then follow the steps given below:
- Open ‘Settings’ on the iPhone
- Go to the ‘Cellular’ option. There you need to find the ‘Comcast email settings‘ option
- Click and enable the green light to use it even on cellular data, sometimes some of the applications are not automatically turned on to green light because your device is often connected to Wi-Fi
Reinstall Comcast from the iPhone: This will be the next step for troubleshooting the problem because after checking the server and network connection, if it is still not showing any response then there might be a chance you have done something wrong with the mail settings. Well in that case just reinstall the app and start fresh again.
Clear storage and update iOS: This step is a bit important because everything depends on your device. So if your device is not working properly then there is no use in making things work out. So, just delete some temp files or useless files from the device and check your iOS version too. If it’s the older version then install it to the latest version and then try again.
“imap.comcast.net” does not support password authentication iPhone. Why?
It is a special troubleshooting procedure because this is not a common issue and not all of us face such issue on a daily basis. But we can consider it a big issue because of the third-party email client process. Now, if you ever face this kind of issue just follow the steps given below and fix the issue right away.
- Log in to your Xfinity email on your device (mobile/ PC)
- Go to your email settings and open the Security tab
- Now, enable the third party Access Security, and you are good to go from here
- Your issue is resolved now!
Note: If you have tried all these procedures and your issue is fixed then try to sign with “Comcast email login” again and please make sure to check the working of IMAP Comcast.net.
Know Also >> SBCGlobal Forgot Password – Recover your Account Now
Well, the whole article was about Xfinity or Comcast.net. If you are an iPhone user then this article is just for you, either contact the support executives and wait in the queue, or else it is better to fix this issue by yourself. We have enlisted every possible problem here in this discussion and all the solutions as well. Just follow the instructions step by step and you will surely fix this issue on your own.