I can sense that you are curious to know every bit of detail about this topic and I would try to live up to your expectations and help you find an answer to this query.
If you have landed on this page, this simply means that you wish to sync your Gmail account with that of your SBCGlobal email account or vice versa.
That being the case, I would like you to be well-versed in the whole mechanism so that you do not miss out on any bit of essential detail. However, understanding this procedure would be a little difficult for you if you do not know what exactly I am talking about.
Such users can continue to read in the next section. Else, you can skip to the section where I have discussed the whole procedure to configure the settings.
How does email accounts syncing help?
As far as I know, when you set up one email account with another, just like we are going to do, you will start getting all your emails from both accounts on a single emailing platform. This shall be completely based on the settings you have made.
Wondering how that is possible.
Well, this question creeps up in the mind of all the users who do not have the slightest idea of POP, SMTP, or IMAP settings. But guys, these settings actually exist and they work in your favor when you wish to use two email accounts together.
If you have understood this well, it is time now to proceed with the steps to configure these settings. So, let’s dig into it.
Shall we start?
Know Also >> SBCGlobal Spam Setting- Clear your Email clutter
Walk through to set up SBCGlobal email in Gmail
Prior to introducing you to the steps of configuration, I would like you to understand the fact that these configurations can either be made on Gmail or SBCGlobal. And, here we will walk you through the steps that can be applied to your Gmail account:
- Start off by opening the Gmail app or website
- Time to log in to your account, if you aren’t logged in already
- With your Gmail account, spot and click on the cogwheel icon available at the top
- From the menu that shows up, please select the “Settings” option
- Within the settings menu, you have to select the “Accounts and Import” tab
- Thereafter, you can proceed by selecting “Add an email account”
- In the pop-up window that opens, enter your SBCGlobal email address and select “Next”
- Now, select “Import emails from my other account (POP3)” and click on “Next”
- A new window will now show up on your screen in which you need to fill
- Your SBCGlobal username and password
- In the POP Server field, type “inbound.att.net”
- In the “Port” drop-down, select 995
- Tick the checkbox for using a secure SSL connection and select “Add Account”
Again a pop-up box would show up on your screen where you can select the desired option and end the procedure by selecting “Finish.”
Did you see an error during the setup?
While setting up your SBCGlobal email account with your Gmail account or any other email client, you might come across some error messages. Or, you may not be able to complete the process at times. But there’s nothing to worry about.
So, instead of getting worried, I would suggest you go ahead with having a look at the hacks you can try in case you ever face any such problem.
- First of all, try to turn off the antivirus if it is enabled
- Check the entries you have made before submitting the form
- Ensure stable internet connectivity on your device
Did you find these details helpful? If your answer is yes, I would suggest you bookmark it for future reference. As far as I know, these details shall definitely help you if you are really interested in setting up your Gmail and SBCGlobal email accounts so that you can use them together.
And believe me, this feature is extremely convenient.